Special session at the 12th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART). 22-24 February 2020, Valletta, Malta.
This special session aims to discuss and present the technical and societal challenges (e.g. labour to produce labeled datasets, heterogeneity of data, bias in training sets) digital heritage professionals and researchers are facing when trying to capitalise on the transformative power of artificial intelligence in the context of digital archive, image, and audio/visual collections.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Bias and digital collections
- Dealing with uncertainty, quality issues and collection gaps
- Multimodal collection access
- Geographic/spatial enrichment and access
- New ways of accessing collections such as associative and serendipitous search
- Network Analysis
- Natural Language Processing for the Heritage Domain
- Trend and change analysis
- Automatic collection provenance enrichment
- Reflections on the influence of AI on the heritage domain
Details of the full call for papers