It will be held at Uppsala University, the oldest university in Scandinavia - founded in 1477 - on 23-25 of August, 2016.
An excursion to Gamla Uppsala will be arranged during the conference. Post-conference excursions options will include northern Uppland to visit sites associated with the iron industry by Walloon immigrants especially during the 17th century, and the island of Gotland well known for its prominence during the Viking Age and the architectural splendours of Visby - the main centre of the Hanseatic League during the 12th to 14th century. There will also be opportunities to visit various prehistoric sites in Sweden.
Further details concerning the excursions will be posted in February.
• 26th January 2016: General Call for Papers published
• 1st April 2016: Deadline for paper & poster proposals
• 15th April 2016: Notification of paper acceptance
• 15th June 2016: Deadline for early registration
• 1st August 2016: Deadline for registration
• 22nd August 2016: IHOPE meeting, Uppsala University
• Tuesday 23rd – Thursday 25th August 2016: LAC 2016 conference (incl. late registration).
For further information and to register visit the conference website.